Raksha Bandhan is observed on the last day of the Hindu lunar calendar month of Shraavana, which typically falls in August. In Sanskrit, it literally means "the bond of protection, obligation, or care." And everyone who is familiar with the festival knows how to celebrate it, but this year, there is another way to observe Raksha Bandhan. And that is to watch a comedy and family drama film of the same name.
So, we have listed a few things you need to know if you're looking forward to watching the movie Raksha Bandhan (2022).
- Raksha Bandhan is a story about family values, kinship and fellowship, love, and sacrifice. It celebrates one of the most priceless bonds that people share - the relationship between a brother and his sisters. This is surely a film to watch for the whole family. Get your hankies ready because it is going to be a crying and laughing session!
- The film is jointly written by Himanshu Sharma, writer Tanu Weds Tanu series and Raanjhanaa (2013) and Kanika Dhillon, author Bombay Duck is a Fish, Shiva and the Rise of the Shadows, and The Dance of Durqa.
- It is directed by Aanand L Rai who started his career as an assistant to his brother, Ravi Rai, a television director, and eventually made his directorial debut with the psychological thriller Strangers, followed by Thodi Life Thoda Magic (2008)
- Its released date is on August 11 which happens to be the day this year's Raksha Bandhan festival falls. It is celebrated ahead of India’s Independence Day.
- The movie is tagged as "A story on the purest relationship ever." We surely need some more plot lines like this.
- Whether the movie breaks record at the box office, the main actor, Akshay Kumar, is hopeful that it will leave an imprint in the audience`s minds, which we are quite sure about that.
- Its released date clashes with the movie ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’, an official remake of `Forrest Gump’ starring Amir Khan. But why watch one and not the other? Make that day a long but fun day, no? Everyone’s happy!
- Alka Hiranandani, Akshay Kumar’s sister, co-produces the movie to whom the actor dedicated the film.
- The movie has four songs. "Done Kar Do", sung by Navraj Hans, was launched in the UK and was the first song from an Indian film to have an international release.
- The length of the movie was supposed to be 2 hours and 3 minutes, but the director and the team collectively decided to cut short the film by 13 minutes to make it a breezy watch. The decision makes sense since the attention of today’s audience has decreased.
You are now equipped with all the details about the movie. Now head on to the movie theatre, along with the entire family, and get ready to laugh and cry, cry and laugh.
Before you leave this page, check out She and Her 14 Quirky Brothers With Quirky Personalities: A Poetry in Prose for another dose of fun this Raksha Bandhan.