GrandBois - A Territory Building Game
GrandBois is probably the most intense and interesting territory building game you can come across. The game can be played by 2-4 players. The set comes with 5 clan cards, 37 beautiful green forest tiles with 4 squares in each tile, 4 watch towers and watch tower token for each player and lastly a calculation score pad to find the winner. These cards are very well made and are vibrant and colourful. You and your clan must fight for control over the forest of Grandbois to earn the maximum golden chestnuts.
You have multiple clans to choose from including the Rabbits, Foxes, Lizards, Frogs and Racoons. The whole point of the game is that the forest of GrandBois bears golden chestnuts that all the clans want. The winner of the game is decided by the point add up system concluding which player gets the most chestnuts.
This is a brilliant board game for your house parties and game nights with friends and family members. If you are planning to stay in and spend some quality time with your loved ones then this is the perfect indoor game for you. This is an amazing strategy game that requires you to plan your every move while placing the forest cards to maximize your profits while not giving away the identity of the clan you belong to. This is a super fun activity for kids as they can have an absolute blast playing with their friends. The beautiful game is a test of your intelligence and a perfect companion for a fun time with your loved ones.
- No. of players: 2 to 4 players
- Age: 8 years and above
- Contents: 36 tiles, 1 starting tile, 5 Clan cards, 4 Watchtowers, 4 Watchtower tokens, 1 score-pad
- Battery: Not required
- Brand: Dancing Duck Games
- Also ideal for family and friends game night
- Box Dimensions: 28 x 19 x 6.35 cm (L x B x H)
- Category- Board Games
- Related Category- Card Games, Interesting Party Games, Multiplayer Games
- Country of Origin: India
How to play?
- Each player receives a randomly dealt secret clan card. There are 5 clans which include the Rabbit, Fox, Lizard, Frog and Racoon.
- To set up the territory building board game place the centre forest tile with 4 blank squares in the middle. All the other forest cards (with 4 squares) are then piled up and 4 cards from the deck are placed face-up to form the river.
- The players need to choose a forest card from the river and build the forest. The card has to be placed such that it covers at 1-3 square of any other card. A square that contains an animal can only be overlapped by a square that contains a larger number of animals. A blank square can be overlapped by any other square.
- The bear character is another thrilling element of this best strategy board game. When you proceed in your conquest of territory building the bears come up in certain cards. The bears are the most powerful of the animals and cannot be overlapped by any card.
- As the territory grows a player can put down his watchtower on a blank square of a forest card played. This is a bold strategic move. The watchtower gives the player bonuses on based on the player's clan at the end of the game.
- The thrilling board game ends when all the forest cards of the deck are used up. Then it’s time to tally the scores in the exciting territory building game.
Ther are 4 scoring categories
- Players get 1 golden chestnut for each square covered by their clan.
- They also earn 2 golden chestnuts per square of the largest area contolled by their clan.
- They earn 2 golden chestnuts for each space occupied by their clan around their watchtower
- They earn 1 golden chestnut for each space occupied by other clans next to their watchtower
- The player with the most golden chestnuts at the end of the game wins that round of this most amazing strategy board game.